Jasper - A Volkswagen T3 Panel Van

Jasper is a 1985 VW T3 Panel Van and this is the story of our ownership.

Wednesday 9 March 2011

What's in a name?

Ok, I'll get this over with now and say that I have never before felt the need to name any of the vehicles that I have owned down the years. I don't object to the practice of doing so, I just didn't have the inclination to do it myself.

With old VWs, things seem to be a little different. Whether this is a consequence of the character that old vehicles like this display, or indeed of the character of the owners of such old vehicles, I don't know. What I do know is that our T3 has been christened 'Jasper'.

The name was suggested by my wife - the connection goes... van is orange... what else is orange... carrots... hmmm.. Jasper Carrot... ah.. just Jasper...

And so it was. It suits it (him?) well and that is all he is known as now, certainly in my family anyway.

It is worth noting that since we bought Jasper, we have also bought a VW Bora. That is known as 'the Bora' and is likely to remain so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home