Jasper - A Volkswagen T3 Panel Van

Jasper is a 1985 VW T3 Panel Van and this is the story of our ownership.

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Fuel line replacement

I should reiterate at this time that fuel lines are critical for not only the health of your van, but also for your own safety. The consequences of split hoses allowing fuel to spray onto hot engine components don't bear thinking about, so if you don't know how old your hoses are... change them!

In a previous post I showed the fuel system. I used this knowledge to purchase 7mm and 5mm fuel hoses, plus fuel filters from Just Kampers. I also bought new clips - make sure you buy fuel hose clips specifically, not 'any old' jubilee clip to avoid damaging the hose as you tighten them.

Installation is easy - just like for like replacement of old with new. I followed this guide on the Club 80-90 Wiki.

Not a difficult job, but very satisfying. The only thing that I would add is that on mine there was a weird 5mm to 7mm joint on the return run to the tank - on the opposite side of the van to the main filter. I used an additional fuel filter in line to make this connection. It has worked just fine.

1 Comments:

At 7 April 2022 at 13:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! The image is no longer available, would it be possible to send it to my email please? Thanks a lot! Chris

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home